My friend Krista Stucchio is participating in Terpthon 2012, and it would be SO great if you would give her your support.
What is Terpthon?
Terp Thon is a student organization at the University of Maryland that raises money and awareness for Children’s National Medical Center, in association with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’s, Dance Marathon program. With more than 150 students actively involved, and more than 1,000 students serving as fundraisers for the organization, it is one of the largest student organizations at the University of Maryland. Our year of fundraising culminates into a 12 hour dance marathon in the spring semester where we celebrate the year with a big dance party! Kids that have been treated at the hospital attend the event.
Did you know…
Children’s National Medical Center is a member of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, an alliance of 170 hospitals with two simple goals:
- Help as many children as possible by raising funds for children’s hospital services
- Keep funds in the community in which they were raised to help local children
That means your gift to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals will help make miracles happen for Maryland and Washington D.C. children who courageously face health challenges greater than most of us can imagine.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals helps by:
- Paying for expenses not covered by insurance – things like medicines, therapy, hearing aids, wheelchairs, travel to stay with hospitalized children, formula and diapers.
- Providing support services like scholarships to special summer camps for kids and help for parents grieving the loss of a child.
- Helping hospitals and other health care facilities purchase important equipment they could not otherwise afford, like emergency pediatric resuscitation carts, infant car seats for safety, specialized hearing equipment, or playroom toys.
Terpthon is a WONDERFUL cause. Click here to read up on Terpthon, to watch the promo video (which made my cry, by the way), and to donate to support Krista for this amazing event. Every penny of your donation will stay in the Washington, D.C. area, and will help kids at our local Children’s Miracle Network hospital; the Children’s National Medical Center. Any contribution will help, and all donations are tax deductible.
I made a contribution and I hope you all will too.
I believe in miracles <3.